Hi, I'm Emiri Maiko! Welcome to my little corner.

I love Disney, anime, manga, comic books, video games, Jpop, Jdrama, and more. I'll be posting my art work, progress updates on certain artwork as well, store update *work in progress*, life updates, hauls and so on.

Thursday, October 15, 2020

Watashitachi wa Douka Shiteiru (Something's Wrong With Us/Cursed Love)



If there are other dramas, anime, or movies I've watched that you want me to write a review please do let me know. And I'll be happy to do that for you!

So before we get into this drama review I kind of wanna mention of how much I actually really enjoyed this drama. It is not often that I say that I want to buy a DVD drama box set. So the fact that I’m saying this is actually something that’s even shocking to me sense I don’t really buy drama box DVD sets much I’ll buy maybe like a movie DVD here and there but that’s about it. This drama is one that I really want to purchase the DVD box set. Now I’ll get into the reasons of how good this drama and stuff is and like kind of give you a glimpse what it’s about but I don’t want to spoil anything. But it doesn’t happen often where I watched episode one and then when does the next week comes I watch that whatever episode it’s on sale like a watch episode two and then I go back and watch one and two again it does not happen often. Now with this drama I definitely was going back and watching the episodes again all over from the beginning until whatever the episode is on so if it was like episode 1, 2, 3, and four were out I’d go back and watch after I watch the episode that aired that day then I’ll go back and watch from like the first episode until whatever this out. so obviously since I’ve already we watched all the episodes multiple times you can see I really enjoyed it.

Now I am reading the manga as well and I’m really enjoying both. You can tell there are a lot of things that they’ve used that were in the manga be used in the drama. So I’m really glad they did that just because I know sometimes they’re gonna be scenes that aren’t in there and they’ll be scenes that they do you have in there but I feel like the scenes that they used and copied from the manga the portrayed it in a good way. I feel like all the people who are acting in this drama portrayed the characters extremely well I would not want anybody else acting as these characters since I feel like it was well done. I know some of you guys know that the manga is still ongoing and the drama just currently ended with a two-hour special without commercial cuts it’s like maybe an hour and 40 minutes or so. In which I feel like they did a really good job with how the drama ended the only thing I’m more curious about is going to be when the manga ends how they’re going to end it because most likely it is not gonna be the same ending. And to be honest I love that they did such a longer episode for the last one. Just because I feel like I enjoyed the cast who are acting in this drama so much and I got so invested in the story. 


Let’s get started with the information for this drama. The drama is about Hanaoka Nao and her single mother that move into Kogetsuan, in which that it is a traditional Japanese confectionery shop. (Japanese traditional sweets). Nao’s meets the grandson of the house who is said to be the one that would take over Kogetsuan one day in the future and his name is Tsubaki. Tsubaki’s father ends up being stabbed by someone and passes away. Tsubaki makes a statement that Nao’s mother was the one he saw and killed his father. Nao’s mother gets arrested and passes away during the investigation. Now more than 15 years later Tsubaki and Nao reunite at a competition. Tsubaki takes interest in Nao and asks her to marry him, but he does not know that she is Sakura the one who is his childhood friend and lived with him. Nao decides to keep this as a secret and tries to get into Kogetsuan through marriage to Tsubaki to prove her mother’s innocence. 

So the story will go on and it’ll be to see if Nao and Tsubaki can overcome the many different obstacles that are thrown their way. The drama follows the many different obstacles they both will endure. And you can see how they both are very drawn to each other.

Here's the character chart.

The manga is not yet done, so please do check it out! Also the DVD/Blu-ray box set will be released next year on February 24th.

If there's any dramas/anime that you want me to review do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment